Honk, Real-time messaging
Honk is a brand-new real-time messenger that displays what you and your friends type in real time. With no send button and no chat history, it’s the closest a chat can feel to a real life conversation. Since launching at the end of 2020, users have typed over 250 million characters on Honk.
To get someone’s attention, Honk them. Once you’ve typed a message, clear it, and it’s gone forever. Express yourself will full-screen emojis. Personalize everything, from nicknames for your contacts to chat themes and more. Honk is fast, fun, private, and built to make messaging — even from a distance — feel like talking face-to-face.
Deep Fakes - Funny, the image at the top of the wikipedia page is pretty shit, but I think that when devils like Republican Paul Gosar’s deep fakes are being released by even our government representatives, that the world is gonna hit a whole new level of crazy. Reality and non-reality will become indistinguishable. Already, mental patients like Donald Trump have demonstrated they can get many USAers to believe the most obviously crazy shit without deep fakes. When audio & videos can be created to enhance mental patients like Trumps delusions, it could be the beginning of the end of the world.
Video Chatting Became Popular in 2020, and Improved Along the Way
Today, Amazon announced that Twitter has signed a multi-year agreement with AWS to run its real-time timelines. It’s a major win for Amazon’s cloud arm.
U.S. Schools Are Buying Cellebrite Phone-Hacking Tech
Tiny Talk, another cool idea that yet again, you can only use on a mobile device. Why are these engineers oppressing me and my MacBook Air!
Rewiring how we work: building a new employee experience for a digital-first world - Slack
- This data shows that most knowledge workers are happier working remotely than they were in the office. They don’t want to go back to the old way of working. Only 11.6% say they want to return to full-time office work, while 72.2% want a hybrid remote-office model.
- The data also carries a warning. The one element where most knowledge workers are less satisfied is their sense of belonging (–5.0). Organizations should invest in fostering connection between employees, as these bonds are vital to the long-term health of teams.
- “knowledge workers”? Is the world moving from white collar / blue collar to knowledge worker & non-college workers?
Google RCS global, Messages testing end-to-end encryption - 9to5Google
- Google is using the Signal protocol
- only available on mobile, not desktop
Twitter rolls out Stories, aka ‘Fleets,’ to all users; will also test a Clubhouse rival
- This is starting to really piss me off.
- Twitter fleets & clubhouse (live audio spaces), but only for mobile
- Desktop! I want shit to work on my mac!
- “After updating the app you will be able to see Fleet option at the top of the Twitter home screen. Notably, Fleets is available for mobile app users only and not desktop version.” source